In December 2011 I jokingly sent out a message to Diamond Dallas Page via Facebook that “if this really is DDP, I’d love to have you on my show to talk about DDP YOGA and setting Goals for the New Year”.
It turned out that DDP does indeed run his own Facebook page and after a few messages back and forth, DDP gave me a call on December 31, 2011 to talk about the goals that I had posted for 2012. One of the things that DDP liked about my goals was that I wrote them down AND made them public. I’ve been doing DDP YOGA ever since, adding it to my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training and I was even invited out to Atlanta, Georgia in 2012 for a DDP YOGA success story get together.
Since then, I have posted the goals that I have for the year, and while I may not knock all of them out over the year, I strive to achieve as many of them as possible.
Here are my goals for 2014:
01. Obtain 12 Website Clients (4 or 12)
02. Get the family to GEORGIA to visit family without using credit cards (Booked for July)
03. Dine at 12 Restaurants in Bloomington-Normal that I have not dined at within the past 4 years. (6
04. Take the girls on a train ride to St. Louis for the weekend.
05. Compete in 4 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Tournaments and MEDAL in TWO. (1 Tournament, 1 Gold Medal)
06. Go on TWELVE Dates with just my wife – we now have 4 amazing sitters for the girls. (4 of 12)
07. Take my girls bowling every month. (4 of 12)
08. Train 250 Hours with Henry Brazilian Jiu Jitsu- Team RMNU
09. Attend the 3rd Annual RMNU Camp in Tampa, FL
10. Hit 185 pounds.
I’ll be updating the GOALS SECTION of my site as the year goes by so if there is something that YOU want to Accomplish this year, like my pal DDP says “Don’t THINK it; INK it!”